Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Songs of the Right Whales


On December 5, there is a celebration at the Jacksonville Sea Pavilion; the North Atlantic Right Whales are returning! They are coming back to calve and enjoy the gentle North Florida coastline. These graceful creatures are intriguingly mysterious; looking into their eyes, as they appear on film, gives me the sense I am meeting them face to face, soul to soul. "Songs of the Right Whales," a block print, is my humble attempt to honor them.
So, if you are in the area, pop by in person! Or, if you are far away, check out www.rightwhalefestival.org
Have a great and festive week! ; )

12 comments:

Curious Art said...

A lovely tribute! I'm sure the whales would approve.

Anonymous said...

Really nice!

Coreopsis said...

These are beautiful beautiful prints! I absolutely love them.

janie said...

beautiful.

steve said...

Oh wow, very inspired work indeed Nicola! It's always a treat seeing new work from you!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous prints and I love the spiral background. Very special creatures.

justdoodleit said...

What fantastic prints and a touching tribute to these gentle giants!

Nicky Linzey said...

Beautiful illustrations for beautiful creatures. I'd love to see them but am definitely too far away!

aimee said...

hi nicola! i've missed your beautiful linocuts - these are beautiful!

Shirley said...

So beautiful! Wonderful work.

Marta Mangos said...

I found this blog to be fascinating. Have a nice time:)

Devadeva Mirel said...

your stuff is so lovely...

when i was doing my business i absolutely hated it when people would make suggestions to me: why don't you make cookies sweetened with prunes! why don't you use only agave syrup! why don't you....!

i was like...becasue you are the only person who would buy it and you will only buy ONE!!!!

so, i hesitate to suggest this...but....what about doing a set of notecards or postcards or a calendar? i do love giving notecards as gifts.

just a suggestion. please don't hate me for it.

much love-deva